Most Active Stories
- The New Year Brings Changes To KUAR’s Night And Weekend Programming
- Gov. Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Study Alternatives
- UA's Online-Only University's First Employees Start Work
- Bill Filed In Arkansas To End Dual Observance Of Robert E. Lee & MLK Day
- SLIDESHOW: Former Cinema 150 Demolished In Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Wed January 8, 2014
School Districts Cancel Evening Activities
Several schools are closing early in western and northern parts of the state because of freezing drizzle and sleet, and some school districts in central Arkansas are canceling evening activities.
The Pulaski County Special School District, Little Rock School District, and the North Little Rock School District all say after-school events, including athletics, are called off.
A winter weather advisory is in effect from 6 p.m. Wednesday until noon Thursday for the northern two-thirds of Arkansas. The National Weather Service says the system began as rain Wednesday morning before transitioning to a wintry mix.