Most Active Stories
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Former Treasurer Convicted Of Bribery, Extortion
Local & Regional News
Wed January 8, 2014
School Districts Cancel Evening Activities
Several schools are closing early in western and northern parts of the state because of freezing drizzle and sleet, and some school districts in central Arkansas are canceling evening activities.
The Pulaski County Special School District, Little Rock School District, and the North Little Rock School District all say after-school events, including athletics, are called off.
A winter weather advisory is in effect from 6 p.m. Wednesday until noon Thursday for the northern two-thirds of Arkansas. The National Weather Service says the system began as rain Wednesday morning before transitioning to a wintry mix.