Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Thu April 25, 2013
School Wants To Freshen Memorial To WM3 Victims
The principal of the elementary school that three slain Cub Scouts attended would like to see a memorial spruced up before next month's 20th anniversary of the deaths.
Stevie Branch, Christopher Byers and Michael Moore attended Weaver Elementary School in West Memphis. Principal Sheila Grissom told The Jonesboro Sun that a gazebo at the site needs a face-lift, and she also would like to see 20 yellow rose bushes put in before the May 5 anniversary.
Grissom has raised $645 of the $2,800 needed.
Three teenagers were convicted in the deaths.
Two years ago, they were released after entering "Alford" pleas, which lets them profess their innocence while acknowledging the state may have enough evidence to convict them.