Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu April 25, 2013
School Wants To Freshen Memorial To WM3 Victims
The principal of the elementary school that three slain Cub Scouts attended would like to see a memorial spruced up before next month's 20th anniversary of the deaths.
Stevie Branch, Christopher Byers and Michael Moore attended Weaver Elementary School in West Memphis. Principal Sheila Grissom told The Jonesboro Sun that a gazebo at the site needs a face-lift, and she also would like to see 20 yellow rose bushes put in before the May 5 anniversary.
Grissom has raised $645 of the $2,800 needed.
Three teenagers were convicted in the deaths.
Two years ago, they were released after entering "Alford" pleas, which lets them profess their innocence while acknowledging the state may have enough evidence to convict them.