Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Little Rock School Board Discusses Plans to Restructure Schools And Raise Funds
- State House Race Heats Up Over Records Search Regarding Four-Year-Old
- AG Candidate Steel Gives Legislative Agenda, Rutledge Criticizes Sex Offender Vote
Local & Regional News
Thu April 25, 2013
School Wants To Freshen Memorial To WM3 Victims
The principal of the elementary school that three slain Cub Scouts attended would like to see a memorial spruced up before next month's 20th anniversary of the deaths.
Stevie Branch, Christopher Byers and Michael Moore attended Weaver Elementary School in West Memphis. Principal Sheila Grissom told The Jonesboro Sun that a gazebo at the site needs a face-lift, and she also would like to see 20 yellow rose bushes put in before the May 5 anniversary.
Grissom has raised $645 of the $2,800 needed.
Three teenagers were convicted in the deaths.
Two years ago, they were released after entering "Alford" pleas, which lets them profess their innocence while acknowledging the state may have enough evidence to convict them.