Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
Mon February 3, 2014
Search Resumes In Western Arkansas For Missing Pilot
The search has resumed for a missing Arkansas Forestry Commission pilot and airplane that lost contact with the commission Friday afternoon.
The commission says crews are searching parts of the Ouachita National Forest in western Arkansas for missing pilot Jake Harrell. The 34-year-old pilot is also a North Little Rock police officer and member of the Arkansas National Guard.
The search began Friday afternoon when Harrell failed to communicate as scheduled with the commission while surveying the area for possible wildfires.
Wintry weather hampered Sunday's search efforts, but the commission says sunny, clear skies will help the search Monday.