Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Mon February 3, 2014
Search Resumes In Western Arkansas For Missing Pilot
The search has resumed for a missing Arkansas Forestry Commission pilot and airplane that lost contact with the commission Friday afternoon.
The commission says crews are searching parts of the Ouachita National Forest in western Arkansas for missing pilot Jake Harrell. The 34-year-old pilot is also a North Little Rock police officer and member of the Arkansas National Guard.
The search began Friday afternoon when Harrell failed to communicate as scheduled with the commission while surveying the area for possible wildfires.
Wintry weather hampered Sunday's search efforts, but the commission says sunny, clear skies will help the search Monday.