Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
- Ceremony To Begin Renovations To Little Rock's Robinson Center Music Hall
Local & Regional News
Mon June 10, 2013
Searcy Police May Drop Anonymous Text Tip Program
Police in Searcy are considering ending a program that allows residents to text anonymous tips about crime.
Police Chief Jeremy Clark tells The Daily Citizen that the TipSoft program that police purchased in February 2012 has generated 21 tips. The program costs the department $1,700.
Police Lt. Steve Taylor says the department may not have educated the public thoroughly about the program. And Clark says he had never heard of TipSoft before becoming the city's police chief in February 2013.
Police encourage residents to text "SEARCY plus their crime tip" to 274637 (CRIMES) about non-urgent illegal activity such as unsolved cases, vandalism, theft, drug transactions or information about crimes being planned in the community or schools. For emergencies, residents should call 911.