Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Mon June 10, 2013
Searcy Police May Drop Anonymous Text Tip Program
Police in Searcy are considering ending a program that allows residents to text anonymous tips about crime.
Police Chief Jeremy Clark tells The Daily Citizen that the TipSoft program that police purchased in February 2012 has generated 21 tips. The program costs the department $1,700.
Police Lt. Steve Taylor says the department may not have educated the public thoroughly about the program. And Clark says he had never heard of TipSoft before becoming the city's police chief in February 2013.
Police encourage residents to text "SEARCY plus their crime tip" to 274637 (CRIMES) about non-urgent illegal activity such as unsolved cases, vandalism, theft, drug transactions or information about crimes being planned in the community or schools. For emergencies, residents should call 911.