Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon June 10, 2013
Searcy Police May Drop Anonymous Text Tip Program
Police in Searcy are considering ending a program that allows residents to text anonymous tips about crime.
Police Chief Jeremy Clark tells The Daily Citizen that the TipSoft program that police purchased in February 2012 has generated 21 tips. The program costs the department $1,700.
Police Lt. Steve Taylor says the department may not have educated the public thoroughly about the program. And Clark says he had never heard of TipSoft before becoming the city's police chief in February 2013.
Police encourage residents to text "SEARCY plus their crime tip" to 274637 (CRIMES) about non-urgent illegal activity such as unsolved cases, vandalism, theft, drug transactions or information about crimes being planned in the community or schools. For emergencies, residents should call 911.