Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Sun September 22, 2013
Second Annual Arkansas Sounds Festival & The Cassatt Quartet Tours Arkansas
The Arkansas Sounds Music Festival is in its second year and director John Miller and Lee Ann Blackwell of the Central Arkansas Library's Public Relations team join us for this week's program to talk about it. They inform us of the diverse array of bands and musical artists that are slated to play and how each has strong connections to the state of Arkansas. Last year's festival program was very successful, the organizers say. They hope to keep the last Friday and Saturday in September reserved for the festival many years ahead.
Also, violist Sarah Adams is the guest in the second half of the show. She tells us about the Cassatt String Quartet, of which she and three other women are members. The quartet, founded in 1985, has been known for both the quality of its performances of the classical and contemporary music as well as the success of its residency programs. The quartet plans to work with students at the University of Central Arkansas in, while performing in Conway, Hot Springs and Crystal Bridges in Bentonville, all in the first week of October.