Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
Local & Regional News
Mon May 13, 2013
Security Squadron Deployed From Fort Smith
Members of the 188th Security Forces Squadron have left Fort Smith for deployment to an undisclosed airbase in the Middle East.
The last of about 15 airmen left Monday and will be attached to the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing where they will help install security and aircraft protection at the base. About half of the group left Fort Smith for the base on Sunday.
Tech. Sgt. Josh Lewis told the Times Record that the airmen will spend about six months deployed.