Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Thu April 11, 2013
Sen. Pryor Has $3.4 Million For Re-Election Campaign
U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor says he raised $1.9 million for his re-election campaign in the first quarter of 2013, more than doubling the amount of money on hand for next year's race.
Republicans have targeted the two-term senator, believing he is vulnerable in a state that has seen the GOP take a number of statewide and congressional races since 2010.
According to the Democratic Party of Arkansas, which distributed Pryor's fundraising figures Thursday, the candidate has $3.4 million on hand.
Pryor is the only Democrat in Arkansas' congressional delegation. Democrats have steadily declined in Arkansas, hampered by President Barack Obama's unpopularity in the state and Republicans' consolidation of power across the South.
No Republican has yet entered the race against Pryor, whose father served as governor and U.S. senator.
Pryor On Gun Control