Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes On Music
Wed April 17, 2013
One doesn’t usually refer to classical music as being sexy, though Ravel’s Bolero, or the “Habanera” from Bizet’s opera Carmen, can certainly fit the bill.
But some more specifically-named pieces do as well, such as “Dance of the 7 Veils” from Richard Strauss’ opera, Salome, or perhaps the Poem of Ecstacy by Alexander Scriabin. What pieces would you recommend?