Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Notes On Music
Wed April 17, 2013
One doesn’t usually refer to classical music as being sexy, though Ravel’s Bolero, or the “Habanera” from Bizet’s opera Carmen, can certainly fit the bill.
But some more specifically-named pieces do as well, such as “Dance of the 7 Veils” from Richard Strauss’ opera, Salome, or perhaps the Poem of Ecstacy by Alexander Scriabin. What pieces would you recommend?