Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Thu August 29, 2013
Sheriff: Teen Arrested In NE Arkansas Girl's Death
Authorities in northeast Arkansas have arrested a teenager suspected of killing an 11-year-old girl.
Mississippi County Sheriff Dale Cook said Thursday that the 17-year-old was arrested in connection with the death of 11-year-old Jessica Williams.
Authorities have not released the name of the teen, who has not been formally charged in Jessica's death.
Authorities found Jessica's body in a ditch on Wednesday morning after her father told investigators she was last seen playing with a dog and riding a bike on Tuesday evening near Gosnell.
Cook says her body was a few miles from where she was last seen.
It's not clear how or exactly when Jessica died. Cook says he has yet to receive the preliminary results from her autopsy.