Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
- No One Hurt After Shots Fired In Little Rock River Market
- Beebe and Local Officials Point to Progress of Tornado Recovery, Need For Federal Aid
Local & Regional News
Mon November 25, 2013
Simmons Bank Closes On Metropolitan Acquisition
Pine Bluff-based Simmons First National Corp. says it has closed on its $53.6 million acquisition of Metropolitan National Bank.
Simmons First said Monday that Metropolitan's operations will be merged into Simmons.
Simmons says the acquisition will give it greater presence in central and northwest Arkansas. New markets for the bank include Benton, Bryant, Cabot and Maumelle.
The deal was announced in September. Simmons says that all current Simmons First and Metropolitan branches will stay open until at least March 21. Customers will be notified of any subsequent consolidation of branches. Simmons First is a seven-bank financial holding company.
In addition to Pine Bluff, it has operations in El Dorado, Hot Springs, Lake Village, Jonesboro, Russellville and Searcy. The company also has banking operations in Missouri and Kansas.