Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
Sir John Tavener
The classical music world lost a most distinguished composer this November, Sir John Tavener.
At the age of 24 he was described by the British newspaper, The Guardian, as “the musical discovery of the year.” During his career he became one of the best known and popular composers of his generation. Knighted in 2000 for his services to music, he will be sorely missed.