Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
Sir John Tavener
The classical music world lost a most distinguished composer this November, Sir John Tavener.
At the age of 24 he was described by the British newspaper, The Guardian, as “the musical discovery of the year.” During his career he became one of the best known and popular composers of his generation. Knighted in 2000 for his services to music, he will be sorely missed.