Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Wed June 25, 2014
Site Work Begins For Little Rock Outlet Mall
Site work is underway for The Outlets at Little Rock, a mall set to open next summer.
Executives with real estate company New England Development toured the 30-acre site Tuesday.
Company Vice President Michael Barelli said he anticipates construction to start this August. It will be managed by local firm CDI Contractors.
Barelli said to expect a 325,000 square feet open-air outlet and 75 storefronts.
“The outlets will support nearly 1,000 jobs on-site, with the retailers who are operating with our management team and our operations team at the center. Also, the sales that will be generated at the center will approach $100 million. That generates a tremendous amount of sales tax revenues for the city and the state,” Barelli said.
The Outlets at Little Rock will be built at the interchange of Interstates 430 and I-30, adjacent to the newly erected Bass Pro Shops. The opening date is set at July 2015.