Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- As School Fees Rise, So Do Questions Over What Constitutes A Free Education
Tue November 12, 2013
Special Programming on KLRE: The Mozart Festival
KLRE brings you The Mozart Festival from American Public Media. This program includes performances and interviews from one of the world's foremost music events.
From American Public Media:
"This is the authentic Mozart, presented like nowhere else. For The Mozart Festival, artists and thousands of visitors from around the world have come to Salzburg, city of Mozart's birth, to celebrate Mozart. APM's coverage is an extraordinary radio experience: artists introduce their performances in backstage clips; short location-recorded features tour the Mozarteum Foundation's priceless collections; and most of all, Mozart's genius is heard in world-class performances of his music. Behind-the-scenes features take listeners for a close-up look at original manuscripts and letters by Mozart, for a visit to a café frequented by the Mozart family, and a revealing look at original portraits of Mozart."
You can hear this special series from American Public Media on KLRE Classical 90.5 Wednesdays at 7 p.m. with an encore broadcast Saturdays at 5 p.m. The series will run through November 30.