Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Thu September 12, 2013
Special Prosecutor To Review 107-Year-Old's Death
A special prosecutor has been ordered to review the shooting death of a 107-year-old Arkansas man who was killed in a standoff with police officers last weekend after State Police declined to investigate the case.
Jefferson County Judge Berlin Jones on Thursday ordered the state to appoint a special prosecutor to handle the case surrounding the death of Monroe Isadore in Pine Bluff on Saturday.
Jefferson County Prosecutor Kyle Hunter asked to recuse and that a special prosecutor be appointed after State Police said it wouldn't investigate the case.
Pine Bluff police say Isadore opened fire on officers who returned fire, killing him. Authorities have said they tried using a camera, negotiating tactics and gas before shooting Isadore.