Most Active Stories
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Warning for Arkansas
- Data: Arkansans Curse Minimally and Say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays
- Rosanne Cash Reflects As Opening Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Nears
- Little Rock's Airport Reports Canceled Flights Due To Ice Storm
Local & Regional News
Thu September 12, 2013
Special Prosecutor To Review 107-Year-Old's Death
A special prosecutor has been ordered to review the shooting death of a 107-year-old Arkansas man who was killed in a standoff with police officers last weekend after State Police declined to investigate the case.
Jefferson County Judge Berlin Jones on Thursday ordered the state to appoint a special prosecutor to handle the case surrounding the death of Monroe Isadore in Pine Bluff on Saturday.
Jefferson County Prosecutor Kyle Hunter asked to recuse and that a special prosecutor be appointed after State Police said it wouldn't investigate the case.
Pine Bluff police say Isadore opened fire on officers who returned fire, killing him. Authorities have said they tried using a camera, negotiating tactics and gas before shooting Isadore.