Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu September 12, 2013
Special Prosecutor To Review 107-Year-Old's Death
A special prosecutor has been ordered to review the shooting death of a 107-year-old Arkansas man who was killed in a standoff with police officers last weekend after State Police declined to investigate the case.
Jefferson County Judge Berlin Jones on Thursday ordered the state to appoint a special prosecutor to handle the case surrounding the death of Monroe Isadore in Pine Bluff on Saturday.
Jefferson County Prosecutor Kyle Hunter asked to recuse and that a special prosecutor be appointed after State Police said it wouldn't investigate the case.
Pine Bluff police say Isadore opened fire on officers who returned fire, killing him. Authorities have said they tried using a camera, negotiating tactics and gas before shooting Isadore.