Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Mon April 15, 2013
Spokesman: Mike Ross Entering 2014 Race For Governor
A spokesman says former U.S. Rep. Mike Ross is seeking the Democratic nomination for Arkansas governor, joining a race that he had earlier ruled out.
Campaign spokesman Brad Howard told The Associated Press on Monday that Ross will formally launch his bid Wednesday in his hometown of Prescott, followed by a tour around the state.
Ross, who represented south Arkansas' 4th District, said last year that he wouldn't pursue the Democratic gubernatorial nomination.
Ross last month said he was reconsidering that decision after Attorney General Dustin McDaniel exited the race over questions about an admitted extramarital relationship.
Former Lt. Gov. Bill Halter is also seeking the Democratic nomination.
Former Congressman Asa Hutchinson and Little Rock businessman Curtis Coleman are seeking the Republican gubernatorial nomination.