Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Mon April 15, 2013
Spokesman: Mike Ross Entering 2014 Race For Governor
A spokesman says former U.S. Rep. Mike Ross is seeking the Democratic nomination for Arkansas governor, joining a race that he had earlier ruled out.
Campaign spokesman Brad Howard told The Associated Press on Monday that Ross will formally launch his bid Wednesday in his hometown of Prescott, followed by a tour around the state.
Ross, who represented south Arkansas' 4th District, said last year that he wouldn't pursue the Democratic gubernatorial nomination.
Ross last month said he was reconsidering that decision after Attorney General Dustin McDaniel exited the race over questions about an admitted extramarital relationship.
Former Lt. Gov. Bill Halter is also seeking the Democratic nomination.
Former Congressman Asa Hutchinson and Little Rock businessman Curtis Coleman are seeking the Republican gubernatorial nomination.