Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Thu May 30, 2013
Start Of Wakarusa Postponed As Weather Looms
The threat of severe weather has led to the postponement of the start of the outdoor Wakarusa Music Festival on Mulberry Mountain in the Ozarks.
The Southwest Times reports that an estimated 15,000 in attendance sought shelter in their vehicles Thursday because of lightning and wind.
Festival director Brett Mosiman told the newspaper he doesn't know when the festival will resume - but said it will continue.
The festival runs through Sunday and headliners include Widespread Panic, The Black Crowes, Of Monsters and Men and the rapper Snoop Lion, formerly known as Snoop Dogg.