Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Sat March 22, 2014
State Senator 1 of 5 Finalists For UA Lobbyist Job
Republican state Sen. Johnny Key of Mountain Home is one of five finalists for a lobbyist position for the University of Arkansas.
UA spokesman Steve Voorhies told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that Key and the others were interviewed by a search committee.
The other finalists are Washington, D.C.-based Mac Campbell; Seattle-area higher education consultant Allison Rosenberg; Little Rock advertising executive Denver Peacock; and Randy Massanelli, the state director for U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor.
The job carries the title of vice chancellor for governmental relations.
Current Vice Chancellor Richard Hudson has announced plans to retire June 30 after holding the job for two decades.
Voorhies says the committee plans to meet again to discuss the finalists and he expects a recommendation on which person to hire will come in early April.