Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Lawmakers Promote Aerospace And Aviation
Mon March 18, 2013
State Senator Hutchinson Promotes Aerospace Industry Which Brings About 9,000 Jobs
A bi-partisan group of state lawmakers wants to do more to promote the aviation industry in Arkansas.
Republican Sen. Jeremy Hutchinson of Little Rock announced Monday the formation of the Aerospace and Aviation Caucus in Arkansas.
He notes that it’s the second largest industry in the state.
“It produced, in just 2012 alone, more than $1.8 billion in the U.S. exports, which is the largest exports that came out of Arkansas. There are 9,000 jobs in Arkansas due exclusively to the aerospace industry. I think it’s time we highlight them and educate policy makers as the impact that they have to our state,” said Hutchinson.
Standing alongside Hutchinson for Monday's announcement was Democratic State Rep. Joe Jett.
The Caucus is laying the groundwork for future education and economic development efforts aimed at the aviation industry, said Hutchinson.
There’s no plan to unveil the efforts during the current legislative session.