Most Active Stories
This Is NPR
Sun July 21, 2013
Stay Cool With Sweet Stories On 'National Ice Cream Day'
You may need some napkins for this one. Today we all scream for what may be the coolest holiday of the year, National Ice Cream Day.
Before you run to your freezer, we're serving up a few stories from NPR and NPR Member Stations about the sweet treat, from unusual recipes to the science behind brain freezes. To top it off, we found a photo of Carl Kasell getting in on the frozen fun.
More Ice Cream from NPR Member Stations
- KCRW, Southern California: Recipe: Thomas Jefferson's Ice Cream
- WNYC, New York, NY: Uber Dispatching Ice Cream Truck Like Taxis Friday
- Georgia Public Broadcasting: Summer Fun to Celebrate Ice Cream Month
- KVPR, Central California: Homemade Ice Cream Exploits Range From Traumatic to Tasty
- KQED, Northern California: Taste Ben & Jerry's San Francisco Flavor For One Weekend Only
- KPCC, Southern California: POLL: Long Beach to consider silencing ice cream trucks
- Michigan Radio: Stateside: Michigan State University's Dairy Store