Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Did you ever have someone “steal your thunder” by incorporating a performance idea of yours? The phrase derives from an unsuccessful play by John Dennis in 1704 who invented a new method for creating the sound of thunder for the production.
The play failed, but the method was used in another play. Dennis complained, “Damn them! They will not let my play run, but they steal my thunder.”