Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Did you ever have someone “steal your thunder” by incorporating a performance idea of yours? The phrase derives from an unsuccessful play by John Dennis in 1704 who invented a new method for creating the sound of thunder for the production.
The play failed, but the method was used in another play. Dennis complained, “Damn them! They will not let my play run, but they steal my thunder.”