Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Did you ever have someone “steal your thunder” by incorporating a performance idea of yours? The phrase derives from an unsuccessful play by John Dennis in 1704 who invented a new method for creating the sound of thunder for the production.
The play failed, but the method was used in another play. Dennis complained, “Damn them! They will not let my play run, but they steal my thunder.”