Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Did you ever have someone “steal your thunder” by incorporating a performance idea of yours? The phrase derives from an unsuccessful play by John Dennis in 1704 who invented a new method for creating the sound of thunder for the production.
The play failed, but the method was used in another play. Dennis complained, “Damn them! They will not let my play run, but they steal my thunder.”