Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Notes on Music
Fri October 18, 2013
Did you ever have someone “steal your thunder” by incorporating a performance idea of yours? The phrase derives from an unsuccessful play by John Dennis in 1704 who invented a new method for creating the sound of thunder for the production.
The play failed, but the method was used in another play. Dennis complained, “Damn them! They will not let my play run, but they steal my thunder.”