Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Fri July 26, 2013
Stormy Friday Predicted For Arkansas
The National Weather Service says strong to severe thunderstorms are possible Friday throughout parts of Arkansas.
Forecasters have issued a flash flood watch for the western half of Arkansas through Friday night.
Heavy rain and thunderstorms are predicted, along with large hail and damaging winds in some areas.
The weather service says much cooler temperatures are expected over the weekend after the storm system moves out.
Forecasters predict sunny skies with highs in the mid-80s on Saturday and Sunday. Another low-pressure system is expected to approach the state early next week, bringing with it another chance of rainfall.
The weather service says the recent rainfall is alleviating drought conditions in Arkansas. As of Friday, only six Arkansas counties had burn bans in place.