Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Local & Regional News
Tue August 27, 2013
Suspect Arrested Year After UA Campus Rape
University of Arkansas police say they have arrested a suspect in a year-ago rape of a student on campus.
Investigators said Monday that 22-year-old Cesar Michael Figueroa of Springdale was charged after DNA evidence allegedly linked him to the Sept. 2, 2012, attack.
The student told police she was sexually battered on a parking lot the night after the first home football game.
DNA evidence collected from the victim was entered in a national database, which police said led to Figueroa as a suspect.
Figueroa was arrested Monday after being interviewed by police. He was booked into the Washington County Jail and is charged with rape. He was held without bond Monday and no attorney was listed for him.
The university says Figueroa is not affiliated with the UA.