Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue August 27, 2013
Suspect Arrested Year After UA Campus Rape
University of Arkansas police say they have arrested a suspect in a year-ago rape of a student on campus.
Investigators said Monday that 22-year-old Cesar Michael Figueroa of Springdale was charged after DNA evidence allegedly linked him to the Sept. 2, 2012, attack.
The student told police she was sexually battered on a parking lot the night after the first home football game.
DNA evidence collected from the victim was entered in a national database, which police said led to Figueroa as a suspect.
Figueroa was arrested Monday after being interviewed by police. He was booked into the Washington County Jail and is charged with rape. He was held without bond Monday and no attorney was listed for him.
The university says Figueroa is not affiliated with the UA.