Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Wed November 27, 2013
Suspect Charged With Shooting SWAT Officer Makes Initial Appearance
An initial court appearance was made Wednesday morning by a man charged with shooting a Jacksonville Police officer during a drug raid last week.
53-year-old Mark Dodson went before a judge via a video hookup from the Pulaski County Jail. The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports bond was set at a quarter of a million dollars.
A SWAT team was entering his home Friday when Dodson allegedly opened fire, striking one officer in the arm.
Dodson has been charged with seven counts of attempt to commit capital murder and a single charge of first degree battery.
Judge Wayne Gruber entered a preliminary not guilty plea on behalf of the suspect who did not speak during the hearing.