Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Around the Nation
Tue May 7, 2013
Syrian Electronic Army Claims It Hacked 'The Onion'
Originally published on Tue May 7, 2013 10:04 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Twitter came alive with shocking news. The Syrian Electronic Army apparently hacked the feed of the satirical site The Onion. Syrians topped their attacks on AP, "60 Minutes" and NPR. After being victimized, The Onion published tips to avoid being hacked. Move site to a new web address every few minutes.
Reduce interest in your website by avoiding popular subjects like Syria. And if you receive an email asking for your password, dig deeper by entering information. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.