Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Around the Nation
Tue May 7, 2013
Syrian Electronic Army Claims It Hacked 'The Onion'
Originally published on Tue May 7, 2013 10:04 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Twitter came alive with shocking news. The Syrian Electronic Army apparently hacked the feed of the satirical site The Onion. Syrians topped their attacks on AP, "60 Minutes" and NPR. After being victimized, The Onion published tips to avoid being hacked. Move site to a new web address every few minutes.
Reduce interest in your website by avoiding popular subjects like Syria. And if you receive an email asking for your password, dig deeper by entering information. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.