Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Fri March 29, 2013
Take Your Dogs To Little Rock's New Unleashed Dog Park
Starting Saturday, Little Rock will have a second dog park.
MacArthur Unleashed Dog Park, located between 9th Street and Interstate 630, will hold its grand opening Saturday, March 30, at 12:40 p.m., rain or shine.
Leland Couch, with the Little Rock Parks & Recreation Department, said the park has various fun features that both small and large dogs will enjoy.
“It has a spray feature, water fountains for dogs and humans, it’s also lit for nighttime use, it’s roughly about an acre in size, and there’s an accessible concrete sidewalk throughout the whole park," Couch said.
"We also put fire hydrants in there which is kind of unique, some individuals painted the fire hydrants and there’s a handful of those for the dogs to play with.”
Couch said approximately $65,000 of the funding comes from 2012-2013 Little Rock sales tax and the balance of $105,000 needed to open the new dog park comes from fundraising done by members of the MacArthur Park Group.
To make donation to the MacArthur Unleashed Dog Park, contact the Downtown Little Rock Partnership at 510-375-0121.