Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Mon April 8, 2013
Target Apologizes For Poor Choice Of Words
Originally published on Mon April 8, 2013 9:09 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Target has apologized for a poor choice of words. Susan Clemens was looking at a gray dress on the company's website, when she noticed how the color was described. Regular sizes were dark heather gray. Plus sizes - in the exact, same color - became manatee gray.
Manatees are walrus-like animals. They're also known as sea cows. Clemens tweeted her disgust, and it went viral. The company says from now on, they're just going to go with gray.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.