Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue May 7, 2013
Task Force Begins Looking At New Arkansas Vets' Home
A task force formed by lawmakers has begun looking at options for replacing a veterans' home in Little Rock that closed last year.
The Arkansas Veterans' Home Task Force on Tuesday held its first meeting at the state Capitol since the panel was created by the state Legislature earlier this year.
The 22-member committee is charged with coming up with recommendations for the location, size and funding for replacing the now-closed facility.
The Legislature set aside $7.5 million from the state surplus to help pay for a new home, and the state Department of Veterans Affairs is seeking a federal grant for the facility.
The panel must issue its recommendations by Oct. 31.