Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Local & Regional News
Tue May 7, 2013
Task Force Begins Looking At New Arkansas Vets' Home
A task force formed by lawmakers has begun looking at options for replacing a veterans' home in Little Rock that closed last year.
The Arkansas Veterans' Home Task Force on Tuesday held its first meeting at the state Capitol since the panel was created by the state Legislature earlier this year.
The 22-member committee is charged with coming up with recommendations for the location, size and funding for replacing the now-closed facility.
The Legislature set aside $7.5 million from the state surplus to help pay for a new home, and the state Department of Veterans Affairs is seeking a federal grant for the facility.
The panel must issue its recommendations by Oct. 31.