Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Around the Nation
Wed May 8, 2013
Texas Woman Says Bacon Is Key To Long Life
Originally published on Thu May 9, 2013 10:43 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Pearl Cantrell is 105. Naturally, her local TV station, KRBC in Texas, did a feature asking her the secret to longevity. Her answer: Bacon. I eat it every day, she said. Well, this caught the attention of Oscar Meyer.
(SOUNDBITE OF "OSCAR MEYER WEINER SONG")
UNIDENTIFIED GROUP: (singing) Oh, I'd love to be an Oscar Meyer Weiner...
GREENE: The company called her an inspiration and brought its Weinermobile to town. One TV report showed Cantrell passing through town waving from the front seat, riding shot bun, as the reporter noted.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.