Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes On Music
Wed March 27, 2013
What classical-music composers would you invite to your Thanksgiving meal?
Perhaps Vaughan Williams, with his Song of Thanksgiving playing in the background. Or perhaps Handel, with strains of Alexander’s Feast swirling around.
Or just forget the composers all together and play Turkey in the Straw. By the way, turkey was the first meal consumed on the moon. Hope you enjoyed yours.