Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes On Music
Mon April 29, 2013
The theater is rife with superstitions, not the least is the one that says it’s bad luck to whistle backstage.
This has its roots in the fact that in the distant past, sailors were hired to run the fly loft on the premise that their expertise with knots would serve them well.
They communicated by a system of whistles. Therefore, someone else whistling could send wrong cues and create a bit of havoc.