Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Notes On Music
Mon April 29, 2013
The theater is rife with superstitions, not the least is the one that says it’s bad luck to whistle backstage.
This has its roots in the fact that in the distant past, sailors were hired to run the fly loft on the premise that their expertise with knots would serve them well.
They communicated by a system of whistles. Therefore, someone else whistling could send wrong cues and create a bit of havoc.