Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu January 23, 2014
Three More Arkansas Counties Now Under Burn Bans
The Arkansas Forestry Commission says three more counties are now under a burn ban to bring the total number to 29.
The commission's website on Thursday shows Baxter; Boone; Benton; Carroll; Clark; Cleburne; Conway; Faulkner; Franklin; Fulton; Garland; Howard; Independence; Jefferson; Johnson; Lawrence; Lincoln; Logan; Lonoke; Perry; Pike; Pulaski; Saline; Searcy; Sharp; Stone; Van Buren; Washington; and White under the bans.
The Forestry Commission said the entire state is under moderate to high danger of wildfires.
The commission says low humidity levels of below 35 to 40 percent and wind gusts of 10 miles per hour and more will keep the fire danger high through Friday.