Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Sat June 15, 2013
Three Small Earthquakes Recorded In Central Arkansas
The U.S. Geological Survey reports three small earthquakes have been recorded between Greenbrier and Clinton in central Arkansas in recent days.
The USGS says a 2.5 magnitude quake recorded Friday came after quakes of magnitude 2.0 and 2.8 were recorded on Thursday. No injuries or damage are reported.
The three earthquakes were centered about 45 to 50 miles north of Little Rock.
Geologists say earthquakes of magnitude 2.5 to 3.0 are generally the smallest that are felt by humans and that damage doesn't generally occur with earthquakes below magnitude 4.0.