Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Sat June 15, 2013
Three Small Earthquakes Recorded In Central Arkansas
The U.S. Geological Survey reports three small earthquakes have been recorded between Greenbrier and Clinton in central Arkansas in recent days.
The USGS says a 2.5 magnitude quake recorded Friday came after quakes of magnitude 2.0 and 2.8 were recorded on Thursday. No injuries or damage are reported.
The three earthquakes were centered about 45 to 50 miles north of Little Rock.
Geologists say earthquakes of magnitude 2.5 to 3.0 are generally the smallest that are felt by humans and that damage doesn't generally occur with earthquakes below magnitude 4.0.