Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Sat June 15, 2013
Three Small Earthquakes Recorded In Central Arkansas
The U.S. Geological Survey reports three small earthquakes have been recorded between Greenbrier and Clinton in central Arkansas in recent days.
The USGS says a 2.5 magnitude quake recorded Friday came after quakes of magnitude 2.0 and 2.8 were recorded on Thursday. No injuries or damage are reported.
The three earthquakes were centered about 45 to 50 miles north of Little Rock.
Geologists say earthquakes of magnitude 2.5 to 3.0 are generally the smallest that are felt by humans and that damage doesn't generally occur with earthquakes below magnitude 4.0.