Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Wed April 10, 2013
Tornado Watch Issued For 39 Counties In Arkansas
The National Weather Service has issued tornado watch until 9 p.m. Tuesday evening for 39 counties in Arkansas.
However, Meteorologist Willie Gilmore said the main threats are dangerous wind and large hail.
Gilmore said thunderstorms often occur in this time of the year.
“Typically spring time is the best chance for seeing severe weather across this part of the country,” said Gilmore.
Late April 2011 Tornado Outbreak brought destruction to several states, including Arkansas.
More than 300 people died throughout the states as a result of that.
Tornado Watch is in effect for the following counties:
Arkansas Ashley Baxter Bradley Calhoun Chicot Clark Clay Cleburne Cleveland Columbia Conway Craighead Crittenden Cross Dallas Desha Drew Faulkner Fulton Garland Grant Greene Hempstead Hot Spring Howard Independence Izard Jackson Jefferson Lafayette Lawrence Lee Lincoln Little River Lonoke Marion Miller Mississippi Monroe Montgomery Nevada Ouachita Perry Phillips Pike Poinsett Pope Prairie Pulaski Randolph Saline Searcy Sevier Sharp St. Francis Stone Union Van Buren White Woodruff Yell.
Visit the National Weather Service for the latest weather.