Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Thu July 11, 2013
Tourists At Kruger National Park Witness High-Speed Chase
Originally published on Thu July 18, 2013 10:16 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Tourists at South Africa's Kruger National Park witnessed a dramatic high-speed chase - two cheetahs chasing a herd of impala. Impala are African antelope, and of course a Chevy model. And seconds from becoming dinner, one of the impala decided to make a tourist's SUV its getaway car.
The animal jumped into an open window of the vehicle, which stopped the cheetahs in their tracks. Then the shocked tourists opened the door and let that passenger out. Whew, what a leap of faith. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.