Most Active Stories
- Second Largest Payout Ever Could Be Big for Arkansas Lottery Commission Revenue
- Fire At Arkansas Nuclear One Caused By Transformer Failure
- As Arkansas Remains Highly Obese, State Health Officials Consider New Solutions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Staph Germs Hide Out In The Hidden Recesses Of Your Nose
Thu July 11, 2013
Tourists At Kruger National Park Witness High-Speed Chase
Originally published on Thu July 18, 2013 10:16 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Tourists at South Africa's Kruger National Park witnessed a dramatic high-speed chase - two cheetahs chasing a herd of impala. Impala are African antelope, and of course a Chevy model. And seconds from becoming dinner, one of the impala decided to make a tourist's SUV its getaway car.
The animal jumped into an open window of the vehicle, which stopped the cheetahs in their tracks. Then the shocked tourists opened the door and let that passenger out. Whew, what a leap of faith. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.