Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Local & Regional News
Fri August 30, 2013
Trial Date Proposed For Arkansas Oil Spill Lawsuit
A trial date has been proposed for a federal lawsuit about a central Arkansas oil spill.
An online record filed Thursday in Little Rock federal court proposes a trial that would start sometime during the week of June 16.
State and federal officials filed the lawsuit in June after a pipeline operated by ExxonMobil Pipeline Company ruptured and spilled thousands of barrels of oil at Mayflower on March 29.
State and federal authorities want a judge to find that ExxonMobil broke the law when the pipeline failed. They're also seeking civil penalties, costs and damages.