Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri August 30, 2013
Trial Date Proposed For Arkansas Oil Spill Lawsuit
A trial date has been proposed for a federal lawsuit about a central Arkansas oil spill.
An online record filed Thursday in Little Rock federal court proposes a trial that would start sometime during the week of June 16.
State and federal officials filed the lawsuit in June after a pipeline operated by ExxonMobil Pipeline Company ruptured and spilled thousands of barrels of oil at Mayflower on March 29.
State and federal authorities want a judge to find that ExxonMobil broke the law when the pipeline failed. They're also seeking civil penalties, costs and damages.