Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri August 30, 2013
Trial Date Proposed For Arkansas Oil Spill Lawsuit
A trial date has been proposed for a federal lawsuit about a central Arkansas oil spill.
An online record filed Thursday in Little Rock federal court proposes a trial that would start sometime during the week of June 16.
State and federal officials filed the lawsuit in June after a pipeline operated by ExxonMobil Pipeline Company ruptured and spilled thousands of barrels of oil at Mayflower on March 29.
State and federal authorities want a judge to find that ExxonMobil broke the law when the pipeline failed. They're also seeking civil penalties, costs and damages.