Most Active Stories
- Benji Hardy Of The Arkansas Times On Rep. Justin Harris's "Rehomed" Daughters
- Winter Weather Closings For March 6, 2015
- Guns On Campus Bill Passes Arkansas House, Heads To Senate
- Arkansas Immigrants Prepare As President's Executive Orders Remain In Limbo
- Arkansas Lawmaker Plans To File Firing Squad Legislation
Mon June 24, 2013
Twinkies, Ho Hos, Other Hostess Cakes To Return On July 15
According to the countdown clock, at 2 p.m. ET Monday we were just 490 hours away from fresh Twinkies.
As the Los Angeles Times says, it's "time to welcome back the Twinkie. ... Hostess is bringing back its popular snack cakes on July 15 after going bankrupt last year and selling its brands to various bidders."
The snack saviors (via Bloomberg News):
"Hostess is owned by Apollo Global Management LLC (APO) and C. Dean Metropoulos & Co., whose combined offer of as much as $410 million for company's snack-cake enterprise was the only one submitted during the bankruptcy process in March. The spongy yellow cakes went out of production, prompting bidding wars for boxes on auction sites like EBay.
"Other Hostess products include CupCakes, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos."
This means our friends at The Salt can plan for updates to this popular post: