Two Kinds Of Splash

Mar 28, 2013

Credit / denvie balidoy

 Do you know what kind of cymbals share their name with a movie that starred Daryl Hanna?

The cymbals can be as small as four inches, and as large as thirteen, and are used with drum sets.  They’re called “splash” cymbals with variations called rock splash, China splash, and salsa splash. 

Oh, yes, the movie?  About a mermaid, it was also called Splash.