Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Thu December 12, 2013
Two More Face Charges In Slaying Of Arkansas Interpreter
Two relatives of a man accused in the death of a Spanish language interpreter in southwestern Arkansas are charged with hindering apprehension.
Prosecutors charged 24-year-old Miguel Angel Martinez in the November slaying of 54-year-old Jamie "Jimmy" Barrios in De Queen.
Prosecutor Carlton Jones told the Texarkana Gazette that Martinez's mother and sister allegedly provided false information to investigators when Martinez was sought for questioning.
Charged are 46-year-old Celia Beavers and 28-year-old Janett Garribo.
Officials say Barrios died from head trauma but no motive has been released.His body was found Nov. 16 by a friend.
Martinez was arrested in Tulsa, Okla., on Nov. 21 and returned to Arkansas. All three defendants remain jailed. Online court information wasn't available on their cases.