Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Sat January 18, 2014
Two of Six Stolen Dogs Back at Texarkana Animal Shelter
The director of an animal shelter in Texarkana says two of the six pit bulls stolen from the shelter earlier this week have been found and returned and a third stolen dog has been spotted.
Texarkana Animal Care and Adoption Center Director Connie Slater told the Texarkana Gazette two dogs were found Thursday and a third was seen in downtown Texarkana but has not been caught. Slater says one of the recovered dogs is being treated for a neck wound.
Police have arrested two juveniles for suspicion of commercial burglary, breaking and entering and criminal mischief in connection with the theft - which was caught on tape by security cameras.
Slater says a cat that was believed to have been stolen apparently escaped during the theft and has since reappeared.