Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Thu November 21, 2013
Tyson To Drop Oklahoma Hog Supplier After Abuse Video
Tyson Foods says it's ending a contract with a central Oklahoma farm after an animal rights group says it videotaped workers at the farm abusing hogs.
Mercy For Animals distributed images of workers striking pigs and slamming piglets onto a concrete floor.
In one portion of the tape, a worker is shown throwing a bowling ball at a pig, striking it in the head.
The animal rights group and Tyson have identified the farm as West Coast Farms in Henryetta, Okla.
Phone calls to the farm have gone unanswered. Tyson spokesman Gary Mickelson says the company is "extremely disappointed" by the mistreatment shown in the video and that it won't tolerate the mishandling of animals.