Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Mon November 18, 2013
Tyson Foods 4Q Profit Rises On Beef, Chicken Sales
Tyson Foods says its fiscal fourth-quarter net income climbed 41 percent, driven by higher beef and chicken sales.
The nation's biggest meat producer also provided a fiscal 2014 revenue forecast above analysts' estimates. It anticipates fiscal 2014 revenue of about $36 billion.
Tyson earned $261 million, or 70 cents per share, for the period ended Sept. 28. Last year, the Springdale company earned $185 million, or 51 cents per share.
The company's board has decided to raise its quarterly dividend by 50 percent to 7.5 cents, from 5 cents. The dividend will be paid on Dec. 13 to shareholders of record on Nov. 29.