Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Tyson Food Donation
Thu April 18, 2013
Tyson Foods Makes Major Food Donation To Arkansas Pantry
Tyson Foods has donated more than 27,000 pounds of chicken to the Arkansas Rice Depot.
The donation to the statewide food bank arrived Wednesday. Arkansas Rice Depot President and CEO Laura Rhea says the donation is essential to help the food bank support dozens of pantries and thousands of people in every Arkansas county. She says the group distributes 9 million pounds of food each year.
Tyson Foods officials say meat is one of the most-requested and least-available foods in food banks. The company says it has donated tens of millions of pounds of meat since 2000.