Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Mon September 16, 2013
UA Study Charts Benefits Of Museum Field Trips
A study by the University of Arkansas of K-12 students who went on field trips to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art shows that children who visited the museum had improved critical thinking skills.
The university and the museum in Bentonville announced Monday that the study results are being published in the journal Education Next.
Researchers studied children who visited the museum and those who hadn't done so yet. Nearly 11,000 students were surveyed at more than 120 schools.
The museum says the study illustrates the value of field trips to cultural institutions at a time when budget pressures make it easy for school districts to cut field trips.
The Walker Foundation donated $10 million to reimburse schools for the costs of their Crystal Bridges field trips.