Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
Sun September 8, 2013
UALR Artspree Opener & UCA Public Appearances Calendar
Sasha Cooke, mezzo-soprano, opens this year's Artspree Season at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Stella Boyle Smith concert hall. Cooke is a well established opera singer, fostering a career that may place her in the next generation of memorable singers. She talks about her background and growing up in Texas. There she was raised by parents who loved all forms of art: exhibits, theater, concerts, etc.
Also, Amanda Horton, new director of the University of Central Arkansas's Public Appearances series, chats about the upcoming season, held in Reynolds Performance Hall. This year's program includes 16 events. Among the notable figures scheduled are Bill Cosby, Audra McDonald and The Haifa Orchestra of Israel, as well as many others.