Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Wed October 23, 2013
UALR To Host Screening Of 'West of Memphis' & One Of Defendents
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is to host a screening of the film "West of Memphis" about the prosecution of three men for the deaths of three West Memphis Cub Scouts.
The event will include a talk by one of the defendants and the mother of one of the victims.
The movie is to be shown at 6 p.m. Wednesday in room 214-C at the Donaghey Student Center on the UALR campus.
Jason Baldwin was among the three convicted of the killings but subsequently released. Pam Hobbs, the mother of Stevie Branch, is to join Baldwin at the event.
Damien Echols, and Jessie Misskelley Jr. were convicted of the 1994 killings of the 8-year-old boys.
The movie explores how the justice system worked in the case.