Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed October 23, 2013
UALR To Host Screening Of 'West of Memphis' & One Of Defendents
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is to host a screening of the film "West of Memphis" about the prosecution of three men for the deaths of three West Memphis Cub Scouts.
The event will include a talk by one of the defendants and the mother of one of the victims.
The movie is to be shown at 6 p.m. Wednesday in room 214-C at the Donaghey Student Center on the UALR campus.
Jason Baldwin was among the three convicted of the killings but subsequently released. Pam Hobbs, the mother of Stevie Branch, is to join Baldwin at the event.
Damien Echols, and Jessie Misskelley Jr. were convicted of the 1994 killings of the 8-year-old boys.
The movie explores how the justice system worked in the case.