Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Thu December 12, 2013
UAMS Receives $1 Million Gift For Cancer Work
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences says it has received a $1 million gift for a new breast cancer center.
UAMS said Wednesday that a member of its Cancer Institute Auxiliary, Stuart Cobb, was donating the money to support construction and services.
The breast cancer center will be on the third floor of the Cancer Institute when completed.
Chancellor Dan Rahn said the gift will give Arkansans access to an advanced facility for mammography and other outpatient services.
The school says the breast cancer center will also have equipment for bone marrow biopsy, CT scanners and other radiology equipment.