Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Thu December 12, 2013
UAMS Receives $1 Million Gift For Cancer Work
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences says it has received a $1 million gift for a new breast cancer center.
UAMS said Wednesday that a member of its Cancer Institute Auxiliary, Stuart Cobb, was donating the money to support construction and services.
The breast cancer center will be on the third floor of the Cancer Institute when completed.
Chancellor Dan Rahn said the gift will give Arkansans access to an advanced facility for mammography and other outpatient services.
The school says the breast cancer center will also have equipment for bone marrow biopsy, CT scanners and other radiology equipment.