Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri August 30, 2013
University of Arkansas at Fayetteville Enrollment Increases, UALR Decreases
The University of Arkansas at Fayetteville met it’s 2021 enrollment goal of 25,000 students this year, 8 years ahead of schedule.
Preliminary enrollment figures were issued for all U of A schools this week, with Fayetteville showing over a 30% increase in the past 5 years.
The University of Central Arkansas is also seeing an increase in enrollment.
Not all U of A schools are experiencing student body growth, however. University of Arkansas at Little Rock Chancellor Joel Anderson says enrollment numbers at his university are down this year for several reasons, such as changes in federal student financial aid.
Official enrollment numbers for all U of A schools will be announced later this month.