Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon January 6, 2014
University Of Arkansas Finances Face More Scrutiny
University of Arkansas-Fayetteville officials are expected to testify before a legislative committee this week to answer additional questions about the university's fundraising practices.
Late last year, the Joint Legislative Auditing Committee reviewed state audit findings that showed a multimillion-dollar shortfall in the Division of University Advancement.
According to reports, poor fiscal oversight and a failure to follow school policies and procedures in UA’s Advancement Division led to a deficit of over $4 million in fiscal years 2011 and 2012 for the university and its foundation. Another legislative hearing is expected Tuesday.