Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Around the Nation
Wed April 17, 2013
U.S. Budget Cuts Hit Maine's Acadia National Park
Originally published on Wed April 17, 2013 8:03 pm
Acadia National Park draws thousands of visitors every year and contributed $186 million to the state's economy in 2011 alone. But under sequestration cuts, the park is closing roads for an additional month and cutting back staff and programming, leaving area business owners nervous about the 2013 summer season.