Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Thu February 13, 2014
Valentine's Day Helps Restaurants During A Slow Period
Restaurants, along with jewelers, candy companies and florists all look forward to Valentine’s Day.
One restaurateur says it and New Year’s Eve are typically the busiest days of the year.
“Valentine’s is a very important holiday for us, and I’m sure it is for a lot of other places in the restaurant business, especially fine dining places. This is the time of year when it slows down and it’s slower through March. Our sales are down and this gives us a boost to get us over the hump,” said Brent Peterson, co-owner of Trio’s Restaurant in Little Rock.
He says the beginning of the year is a hard time for restaurants because of cold weather that keeps many people from going out and that some are not spending as much after buying gifts during the Christmas season.